Tuesday 17 March 2009

After researching and learning about japanese tattoos i decided to try and draw up a couple more tattoos for my flash project. I think i already have an idea of what style of tattooing is my personal favourite but i think a good tattoo artist should have knowledge and some ability in each "style" of tattoo.


I drew up a koi fish with japanese water and a cherry blossom design that i made up. While i was drawing out the koi i imagined myself tattooing it on somebody and as i was shading and going through each scale individually i was surprised that i did not find it tedious but actually found it enjoyable. Also placing the cherry blossoms in an effective layout was enjoyable and gave me an accomplished feeling.

I also wanted to re-draw a classic pin-up girl i had designed because in the previous sketch of her there are overlapping lines and outlines that should not be there. So i took some time and drew her again ready to be scanned in and edited.

No comments: